You are here

First update!

Here goes our first blog post in Uganda! We have wifi at our lodge right now so we're able to update. 


Our journey began with a drive down to Chicago. Then we flew to Dulles airport which was about a 2 hour flight. Next, we flew to Brussels which was about a 7 hour flight. Our final plane ride was 8 hours from Brussels to Entebbe. Through all of our travels, everything went very smoothly: no one lost any luggage, no one got sick on any planes, and we didn't lose anyone along the way! :) 


Upon arrival in Entebbe, we rode in a small bus for about an hour and a half to our first lodging: Namirembe guest house in Kampala. Along our drive, we saw people everywhere on the streets even though it was late at night. This was quite a sight for us! It was about 10:00 pm when we arrived at the guest house, and we enjoyed a meal together before we were shown our rooms. We all quickly took showers and headed to bed because we had to be to breakfast at 5 am in order to hit the road before traffic became horrible. 


Today, June 20, consisted of a lot of driving along very bumpy roads. However, everyone seemed to do fairly well as we often napped because we were so tired. We first drove 5 hours to Sambiya river lodge. We enjoyed a yummy lunch before departing for Murchinson falls. This was an awesome experience! We took an exhausting hike to the bottom of the falls and took many beautiful pictures along the way. Due to the high humidity, we were all drenched with sweat but had a great time nonetheless! On the way back to our lodging, we took a long scenic drive (about 3 hours) through the national park and saw many diverse animals such as the water buffalo, giraffes, gazelles, warthogs, and hartebeasts. 


Overall, we had a fantastic day! It was long and tiring, but we saw many beautiful examples of God's creation. We're heading off to shower and rest up for another early morning tomorrow because we're headed off to a safari! We're having a blast! :) 



-Morgan and Lauren